In the Green Economy Academy we are currently piloting our first large scale – learning with tablets– initiative. The use of tablets in learning activities is moving fundamentally beyond the idea of considering new mobile technologies as interesting gadgets. The following arguments are forming the base of this interesting initiative:
– The creation of more interactive and engaging technology enhanced experiences inside and outside the classroom setting. (cf. polls, surveys, audience response systems, evaluation, …) + the amplification of the learning outside the classroom by setting up backchannels.
– The need to initiate pre- and post-activities / field assignments that could not be achieved in the traditional classroom setting using contemporary technologies.
– The extension of the learning activity before and after a face-to-face training session
– The visibility that a contemporary training centre uses innovative mobile and flexible learning technologies.
– The transition towards a paperless strategy for all learning materials and resources. This aims to increase efficiency in the training processes by cutting costs linked to paper-based material printing, storage, transport etc.
https://blog.itcilo.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Tabltet.jpeg17282592wambekehttps://blog.itcilo.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/itc-ilo-blog-logo-small.pngwambeke2014-10-08 17:14:592017-10-30 16:46:08Learning with tablets
The L&T blog is a practical technological tool to develop digital literacy and to raise critical awareness on new learning methodologies and technologies among ITC-ILO staff and interested constituents.